The City of Medicine Hat has an exciting opportunity for a leader who will be responsible for providing strategic oversight and direction on environmental governance and compliance. This role is responsible for the development and implementation of plans and processes for the compliance activities required by legislation for municipal, utility and energy assets.
As our ideal candidate, you are a proven leader to a multi-disciplinary team, who is a strategic thinker, has a collaborative approach, and fosters a high performing work culture for your team. You have thorough knowledge of environmental policies, procedures and legislation. You are experienced in air pollutant management, greenhouse gas emissions, environmental risk management and grasslands stewardship. You bring proven interpersonal and communication skills, possess a high standard for ethics and integrity and have demonstrated the ability to work effectively in a dynamic and diverse organization. If you are dedicated to making a difference in the community we serve and take pride in the organization and its people, then this opportunity may be for you!
- Bachelor’s Degree in environmental science related discipline from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Ten (10) years of increasingly responsible positions in environmental sciences and/or land management including five (5) years supervisory and management experience.
- Professional designation of either P. Ag. (Agrologist), P. Biol. (Biologist) or P. Eng. Considered an asset.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record.
- A management approved combination of training, experience and education may be considered.
This position has been identified as Safety Sensitive and requires the completion of a satisfactory pre-employment drug screen.
For more information, and to apply, please visit us at: www.medicinehat.ca/jobs
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.