Clearwater County’s values are Accountability, Integrity, Service, Community and Communication. We believe our communications with our citizens need to be transparent and open.
We require an experienced accredited senior Assessor to manage our property assessment operations and comply with new and emerging legislation to the MGA. This managerial role combines administrative work and on-site field inspections. This position supervises and mentors our Assessment team and is responsible to prepare property assessments, conduct inspections, ensure the assessment roll and tax notices are accurate, respond to property owners, seek to resolve concerns and disputes, and work closely with the Director, Corporate Services to project revenue base for the County.
- AMAA, AACI or CAE designation;
- Post-secondary degree, diploma or certificate in related fields [eg. Business Administration, Economics, Commerce, Real Estate, Land development, etc] and at least 5 years’ experience as a municipal assessor, or, substantial and progressive experience gained in a municipal environment;
- Excellent communication skills [oral, written, presentation];
- High level of interpersonal skills;
- Ability to interpret and administer legislation, County policies and procedures;
- Mentor and coach the assessment team, work collaboratively with other County departmental staff;
- Analytical reasoning, computer proficiency and numeracy skills;
- Possess a valid class 5 drivers license [travel within the County is required];
- Physical ability to conduct inspections on-site.
Please submit your resume on-line as well as availability and salary expectations to: email@example.com by NOON on MARCH 14, 2018.
This position will remain open until we find the right fit for us and the person finds us the right fit for them.