Located in the south-central region of B.C., the Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen (RDOS) covers an area over 10,400 km2 and is renowned for its orchards, vineyards and golf courses, as well as its widely varied landscape including deserts, mountains and valleys, and pristine lakes. Outdoor recreational opportunities are endless throughout the Regional District and residents enjoy a wide array of activities all year long.
The RDOS has an exciting career opportunity for an experienced professional who will bring innovative and effective leadership to the position of Manager of Finance. Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer and as a key member of the Senior Management Team, the Manager of Finance will co-ordinate all financial management including budget, financial reporting, accounts payable/receivable, utility billing, payroll, purchasing and investment functions for the Regional District and the Regional Hospital District as well as perform the statutory duties of Treasurer as prescribed in legislation. The successful incumbent will lead a team of staff, determine priorities, and ensure financial requirements are met.
We are seeking a results-oriented individual with exceptional people management, problem solving, and decision making skills who has the ability to work on multiple tasks with deadline pressures. Further qualifications include:
- Completion of a professional accounting designation (CPA);
- Minimum five years related and progressively more responsible experience, preferably in local government;
- Member in good standing of the Chartered Professional Accountants association.
- Exceptional communication and teamwork skills;
- Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, and Excel) along with spreadsheet and accounting software knowledge;
- The ability to exercise tact, discretion and sound judgment while dealing with sensitive issues in a political environment.
- Valid B.C. Driver’s Licence.
This is an excluded position within the organization offering a competitive salary and benefits package.
If you are a qualified candidate and looking for an exciting opportunity, please submit your application quoting Competition No. 18-10E by Sunday, March 18, 2018.
Human Resources Department
Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen
101 Martin Street, Penticton, BC V2A 5J9
Tel: (250) 492-0237 Fax: (250) 492-0063
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.