Posting ID: 18-31
Manager, Financial Planning and Budgets
Permanent, Full-time – 35 hours per week
$98,753.20 - $123,450.60 / annum
At the City of Leduc, we believe in living our values through accountability, leadership and environmental sustainability. We offer a thriving and supportive workplace that promotes transparency, innovation and community building. If you understand the broad finance and budgets needs of a complex organization, have solid experience working with budgets, strategic financial planning, and corporate reporting, preferably in a government setting, then we have the perfect opportunity for you.
Reporting to the Director, Finance, this full-time role is a “hands on” management role where you are responsible for providing professional and strategic advice and guidance to the organization and City departments on the corporate budgeting process, financial planning, and reporting of financial outcomes. Your business process responsibility will include:
- assisting the organization in the preparation of budgets, ensuring proper linkage to the strategic plan, and providing reports to Council, the organization, and ratepayers.
- You will develop policies, finance and budget frameworks, and lead the implementation and ongoing sustainment of long-term functional sustainability plans and visions.
If you are the ideal candidate for this role:
- You excel at leadership, have strong, proven supervisory skills, and enjoy imparting knowledge and thrive in a fast-paced setting.
- You are a seasoned finance manager with a minimum of seven years of directly-related experience; highly developed written, verbal, presentation and communication skills; strong analytical skills; attention to detail; and, a high degree of accuracy.
- In addition, you have substantial experience with Microsoft Office Suite, with advanced skills in Excel.
- Understanding of Public Service Accounting Board is required.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree (Commerce or Public Administration) and a CPA accounting designation. A combination of related education and experience may be considered.
- Experience with Microsoft Great Plains Dynamics or other automated accounting systems, and Municipal experience are considered assets.
The successful candidate must provide a current criminal record check as part of the hiring process.
If you’re the applicant we’re looking for, send us your cover letter noting how you are the ideal candidate; include your current resume and apply at www.leduc.ca/jobs.
Competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. This competition may be used to fill future related vacancies. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.