The Town of Pincher Creek has a fulltime position available for a Manager of Legislative Services. The Manager of Legislative Services is responsible for the overall administration duties of the Town of Pincher Creek. The position will manage the licensing, by-law, planning and subdivision programs, and legislative compliance, providing guidance and training to staff and department managers.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring Legislative Compliance
- Supervise personnel in the Planning, Economic, Community Peace Officer and Administration Department
- Manage business licensing program, Bylaws, Agreements, Policies, Planning Development and Subdivision Program
- Assume overall responsibility for the census, elections and plebiscites
- Preparation and presentation of the budgets for the general, legislative, administration, bylaw, planning, subdivisions, development, and policing.
- Attend Council, & Committee of the Whole Meetings, and MDSA (Municipal Subdivision and Development Authority) as required
- Develop and maintain current long range plans for the Departments
- Manage and maintain the record and file retention system and FOIP Coordinator
- Maintain control of office equipment and supplies
- Provide assistance to Directors and staff as required
- Ensure a safe work environment
- Assist with emergent or unforeseen issues as required
- Will be a team leader with the ability to support, coach and develop staff and engage and motivate colleagues for optimum productivity and continuous improvement
- Must be highly effective communicator with the ability to listen and effectively present information to various groups
- Will possess superior supervisory, verbal and written communication skills
- Possess a high degree of personal initiative with excellent planning and organizational skills, delivered with integrity and professionalism
- Must possess extensive experience with various computer systems and software, especially in financial and/or municipal software areas
- Preferably have a Degree or Diploma in a relevant or related discipline, and/or a recognized municipal designation, i.e. CLGM, NACCLA, with five to seven years of senior management experience
- The incumbent must be bondable and have extensive experience in Land planning, cash flow, personnel management and thorough knowledge of Municipal Legislation, i.e. MGA
- The incumbent must be comfortable and proficient interacting with the public, media and representatives from all levels of government
- Provide excellent customer service
Salary is dependent upon education and experience. Transition plan in place.
Interested applicants are invited to forward a summary of qualification, experience and references to:
Town of Pincher Creek
Pincher Creek, AB T0K 1W0
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This ad will stay open until a suitable candidate has been chosen.