The Town of Hinton Library Board is seeking a skilled and ambitious individual to fill the position of Manager of Library Services.
The Manager of Library Services is responsible to provide the public and stakeholders with exceptional programs, materials and services. This position manages the Hinton Municipal Library, in accordance with the Province of Alberta Libraries Act and regulations, as well as overseeing the Coal Branch Archives as part of the Archives Society of Alberta. The Manager of Library Services is accountable to, and receives direction from the Hinton Municipal Library Board and has a subsequent reporting relationship to the Director of Community Services on matters pertaining to the Town of Hinton.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
This is a Permanent, Full Time position, working 35 hours per week, based on flexibility.
As soon as a suitable candidate is found.
- Masters of Library and Information Science (MLIS) degree
- At least 5 years’ experience in progressively responsible positions in a library or related organization
- Knowledge of the Alberta Libraries Act
- Minimum of 5 years’ supervisory experience
- Previous budget management experience
- Proficiency in standard, current computer applications.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Acceptable Driver’s Abstract, Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Check
MUST ALSO HAVE ABILITY IN THE FOLLOWING:
- Exercise good judgment to make effective decisions.
- Problem solving abilities.
- Strong Communication and Leadership skills
- Financial and Fund raising skills
- Team player
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Advocacy. The Librarian acts as the representative and agent of the Board. As such the Manager of Library Services must implement Board policies and decisions both in the spirit and letter of those items
SUBMIT APPLICATIONS TO:
Elaine Fiander, Human Resources Assistant
2nd Floor, 131 Civic Centre Road, Hinton, AB T7V 2E5