The Town of Olds is a growing community situated at the intersection of Provincial Highways 27 and 2A in the busy Calgary – Edmonton corridor. As part of the Operations department, our outside Operations staff maintain 208 km of underground infrastructure, 104 km of roads, 18 km of paved trails, 2 km of unpaved trails, over 350 acres of parks, and more for our 9184 residents. This position is part of our Operations team who work to maintain and improve municipal infrastructure, ensuring a quality lifestyle for the residents of Olds.
This position reports to the Director of Operations and through 4 direct reports and 1 administrative assistant, is responsible for the Building Maintenance, Parks, Public Works, and Utilities divisions of the Town of Olds. The Manager works with their direct reports to coordinating projects, staff, and resources to achieve the service levels set by Council. Working with the Engineering Technologist, the incumbent will ensure contractors, developers, and builders adhere to the Town of Olds Design Standards. This position aids the Director of Operations with budgeting, capital project planning and provides information and updates related projects and question from Council.
- - Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent.
- - A valid Class 3 driver’s license with Q air endorsement.
- - Level I Alberta Environment certification in Wastewater collection, and Water distribution (Level II certification considered an asset).
- - A Level II Public Works Supervisor Certification or a willingness to obtain.
- - A minimum of 5-years supervisor experience in a municipal environment.
- - Valid Standard First Aid/CPR certificate.
- - Ability to operate departmental equipment such as loaders, backhoes, tandem trucks, graders, vacuum trucks.
Detailed job description including specific qualifications can be found on the Town of Olds website at www.olds.ca/contacts/employment-opportunities
Interested parties are invited to send a resume outlining their qualifications by March 1, 2021, at 8:30 am MST.
The Town of Olds thanks all applicants, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Town of Olds
4512 46 Street
Olds AB T4H 1R5