Come work with us! Employment with the City of Beaumont offers an opportunity to make a positive difference in the community! We are a forward thinking organization focused on continuous improvement, innovation, and exceptional customer service. We are Alberta’s newest City and we are aspiring to redefine what a City can be. Our Beaumont team is collaborative, professional, and passionate about supporting the vision of a growing, vibrant, and spirited community.
Are you a public works professional who is passionate about creating positive change and ensuring that municipal infrastructure is well maintained and operating efficiently? If yes, then we want you on our team! Reporting to the Director Infrastructure, this position will be responsible for planning, directing, managing and reviewing the activities, operations of the Public Works Service Area in relation to municipal infrastructure including roads, water facilities, wastewater collection system, storm drainage facilities, vehicles and equipment. This is in addition to leading a talented team that includes Team Leads, Water & Wastewater Operators and Roads & Drainage Operators.
Our ideal candidate will be a strategic thinker, relationship builder and someone who is adaptable and works well under pressure with minimal supervision.
Key Areas of responsibility include:
- Providing management, leadership, and supervision to the team
- Drafting and implementing preventative maintenance plans, fleet management plans, guidelines, standard operating procedures and other related documents
- Budget preparation, contract administration, and project management
- Participation on the Alberta Capital Region Wastewater Commission Technical Advisory Committee and the Capital Region Southwest Water Services Commission Technical Committee
- Building and maintaining positive relationships with stakeholders locally and in the region
As the ideal candidate, you have the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with a P. Eng. designation combined with 5 years of related experience or a Civil Engineering Technologist diploma with 7 years of related experience
- Previous supervisory/leadership experience
- Demonstrated project management skills and the ability to balance multiple projects and priorities to bring projects to completion using sound judgement and initiative
- Extensive knowledge of the provincial policies and federal regulations for all municipal infrastructure
- Excellent negotiation, facilitation, communication (both oral and written) and conflict resolution skills
- Proficient in MSOffice Suite Programs which includes Excel, Word, Outlook; experience in CityWorks would be an asset
- Experience with municipal finance and the budgeting process
- Ability to mediate and problem solve multifaceted situations
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
This position offers a salary range of $85,886 - $112,061 (starting salary is negotiable within this range based on suitable experience and qualifications), a competitive benefits package, and a 35-hour work week.
If you think you are the one we are searching for, please submit your cover letter and resume, indicating the Job ID number 2019-39 in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 9, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.