Parkland County has a permanent full-time Manager, Water, Wastewater & Solid Waste Services position in our Public Works department. Reporting to the Director, Public Works, this position is responsible for strategic planning and overall operation of Water, Wastewater and Solid Waste Services. This position provides leadership and guidance as well as works collaboratively with other departments, the public and other provincial and municipal organizations to ensure the best interests of Parkland County are met in the delivery of water, wastewater and solid waste services. The Manager, Water, Wastewater & Solid Waste Services is responsible for strategic operational planning, the operating and capital budget, and supervision of employees.
- A related degree or diploma from a university or technical college is required. Equivalencies may be considered.
- Level II Certification from Alberta Environment in Wastewater Collection and Level I Wastewater Treatment, as well as Level II Certification from Alberta Environment in Water Distribution and Water Treatment is considered an asset. Alternatively, the ability to obtain Level I Water and Wastewater Operators Certification in a reasonable amount of time will be required.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in managing the operation and maintenance of municipal utility systems; including experience in a supervisory capacity or managing a solid waste operation is required.
- A thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of municipal water and wastewater systems, solid waste systems and of the Environmental Protection and Enhancement Act, Regulations and Codes of Practice is required.
- Experience with computers and applications such as Excel, Word, and Outlook is required.
- The ability to read and understand blueprints is required.
- Alberta Environment Operator Certification to appropriate level of Parkland County infrastructure designation is an asset.
- Possession of a valid Alberta driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
Competition Number: 18-76
Rate of Pay: $102,660 - $128,320 per annum
Hours of Work: 7 hours/day; 35 hours/week
Competition Closing Date: Friday, January 18, 2019 at 4:30 p.m.
Benefits: Extensive benefits are offered including an option to join our Earned Day Off Program.
Please apply online at https://careers.parklandcounty.com/job/search