- Provide regular preventative maintenance on all vehicles and equipment.
- Provide repair work on all vehicles and equipment.
- Conduct basic welding and cutting duties.
- Shall provide assistance with respect to advice on major repairs, replacements, new purchases, etc.
- Maintain a thorough and complete record of all preventative maintenance and repair work conducted on all vehicles and equipment.
- Assist in the receipt of goods delivered to the Public Works Yard and garage.
- Attend position related seminars/courses as directed by the Supervisor.
- Actively participate in Formal Workplace Inspections in area of responsibility
- Review pertinent Hazard Identification, Assessment and Control worksheets on an annual basis as required by the Municipal Health and Safety Program
- Follow all Safe Work Practices and Procedures
- Immediately report any unsafe conditions, potential work hazards or incidents to Supervisor
- Perform other related duties as directed by the Supervisor.
- Grade Twelve Diploma or equivalent.
- Hold a valid Alberta Class 3 Driver’s License.
- Hold a current valid Alberta Certificate as a Journeyman Heavy Duty and/or Automotive Mechanic.
- Provide all necessary tools to conduct the work of a mechanic.
- Perform work under limited supervision.
If you are interested in joining our dedicated Team, please submit your cover letter c/w resume quoting the Competition #EDSOU-07 by 4:00 pm on April 3, 2019 to:
Town of Edson
PO Box 6300
Edson, AB T7E 1T7
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.