The Town of Slave Lake is seeking a dynamic person with a strong background in customer service and facility maintenance. Reporting directly to the Arena Supervisor in the winter and Parks Supervisor in the summer, this individual will be responsible for assisting the MRC/Parks teams in the delivery of services to the community. (2 positions available)
- Possess the knowledge and ability to operate ice surface equipment and cleaning equipment
- Have excellent public relations and interpersonal skills
- Hold a current class 5 drivers license and current certification for First Aid and CPR
- Be mechanically inclined with some experience dealing with small engines
- Good verbal and written communications
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Possess a High School Diploma (Grade 12) additional technical training an asset
- Willing to work evening, weekend and some day shifts
- Maintain all areas according to established park/green space standards.
- Basic landscaping duties/design, including flower planting, turf installation and maintenance of same as directed by the Parks Maintenance Supervisor.
- Complete tree maintenance including pruning and planting (as per town standards).
- Implement a watering program that will assist in growth and maturation of trees, shrubs, and flowers.
- Undertake minor construction and repair projects in town owned facilities and parks.
- Other duties as assigned.
A detailed position description is available upon request.
The Town of Slave Lake offers competitive wages and an excellent benefits package.
How to apply:
Send your cover letter and resume to:
Human Resources, Town of Slave Lake
10 Main Street S.W. P.O. Box 1030,
Slave Lake, Alberta T0G 2A0
This competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates invited for interviews will be contacted.