The City of Camrose is seeking an experienced full-time permanent Municipal Engineering Technologist - Utilities to join our Infrastructure and Planning Department. Reporting to the Director of Engineering, this person will provide direct assistance to the Director of Engineering and Senior Administration, as required, in the areas of planning, design, and construction of municipal infrastructure projects.
- Participates in the initial planning and design of municipal infrastructure projects.
- Assists with management of the City’s capital works program (underground, surface) including project design, tendering, project management, and construction supervision for projects ranging in size and complexity.
- Assists with the coordination of municipal work with the work done by others, including shallow utility companies.
- Addresses public complaints and resolves conflicts between contractors, developers and the public.
- Prepares municipal bylaws and policies related to the operation and maintenance of municipal infrastructure.
- Organizes and participates in public forums on various municipal issues (e.g. open houses, public hearings, Council meetings, etc.)
- Coordinates major utility planning studies for department (e.g. water master plan, etc.)
- Provides assistance to Public Works and Engineering staff with developing cost estimates for service installations to privately-owned properties.
- Provides operational and planning assistance to Public Works, including operation of the City’s uni-directional watermain flushing (UDF) program.
- Provides assistance to Planning & Development work unit by participating in engineering reviews for proposed subdivisions and individual property developments.
- Provides utility information and advice to potential developers.
- Assists with the development of annual operating and capital budgets and multi-year capital programs.
- Provides mentoring and/or leadership to temporary and permanent department staff.
- A Civil or Environmental Engineering degree with Professional Engineer’s designation and current membership with APEGA or a NAIT or SAIT diploma in Civil Engineering Technology and current membership with ASET as a Certified Engineering Technologist or a Professional Technologist.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant post-diploma experience in municipal design or construction.Experience working directly with a municipality would be an asset.
- Significant contract and project management experience, preferably within the fields of transportation and utilities
- Significant experience in Land Development, field inspection, design standards, operational function, contract management and skills.
- Strong computer skills including experience with MS Office (including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, etc.), AutoCAD and surveying software.
HOURS OF WORK: Hours of work are typically 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
SALARY & BENEFITS: The City of Camrose offers competitive salary, attractive benefits, and a positive work environment. The starting salary for this position will be dependent upon the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
Individuals interested in this position are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to the address below or in person by December 14, 2018 at 4:30 p.m.
City of Camrose
5204 50 Avenue
Camrose, AB T4V 0S8
We appreciate and consider all applications; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.