It seems that most people who visit our town comment on how beautiful it is, our amazing location (being just 15 minutes south of Calgary) and how friendly the people are. We’re proud of our community, steadfast in our approach to sustainability, and have an empowered municipal workforce that reflects this pride. As one of Canada’s fastest growing communities (population 28,000+) our challenges are unique and our dedication is equal to the task.
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH & SAFETY ADVISOR
As an integral member of the human resources team, this experienced, results oriented, hands-on progressive HR/OH&S professional will provide leadership to the organization.
This individual will:
- be accountable for all safety responsibilities and managing the safety programs that include; training, inspections, incident investigations, reporting, audits, WCB administration, best practices,
- update all policies/procedures, incentive programs, identifying trends, supporting continuous improvement, updates on legislation, and compliance.
- proactively coach employees and supervisors in driving a safety based culture with demonstrated behaviours to improve communication and increase the awareness of safety striving for the attainment of zero injuries.
- be responsible for the implementation and management of a behavior based safety program.
- Carry out administrative duties as necessary.
The successful individual will have:
- a degree in a related discipline, Health and Safety certification or AMSHA-Peer Safety Auditor along with a minimum of
- 5 years of related experience.
- experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment with excellent organizational and communication skills.
- the ability to develop and maintain a high level of trust and confidentiality along with effective working relationships with all levels of the organization.
Our total compensation package includes a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefit package and participation in the LAPP pension plan.
Interested applicants are encouraged to visit our website at www.okotoks.ca  and apply online by March 25, 2018.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest. Only those applicants invited to interview will be contacted.