With a population of approximately 2,200 people, the community of Nanton can be found 40 minutes south of Calgary along Highway 2. This unique southern Alberta community offers its residents a relaxed lifestyle in a great locale, allowing for spending time with family at home or enjoying one of the Town’s recreational facilities. There are plenty of opportunities to become involved in the community through service clubs and local societies. Outdoor enthusiasts can enjoy the natural settings in the nearby foothills of the Rocky Mountains.
Nanton`s downtown core is filled with boutique shops, and numerous cafes to explore and with close proximity to Calgary. Nanton offers two schools for kindergarten through grade 12 and for those seeking post-secondary education, Calgary and Lethbridge offer a vast array of universities, colleges and trade schools. A local health clinic and excellent community health care network has allowed Nanton to be at the forefront of healthy living communities in southern Alberta.
Under the general direction of the Chief Administrative Officer, the Operations Manager is responsible for common services including roads and associated infrastructure; utility services including water acquisition, treatment ,and distribution, wastewater collection and treatment; maintenance of parks and facilities.
- They will administer contracts for construction and maintenance in these areas of responsibility.
- The Manager will have an experienced team of 8 staff to support the provision of these services efficiently and effectively.
- They will be called on to support and assist the CAO and Town Council in matters relating to Town operations.
- The Operations Manager assists in the preparation and implementation of the annual work plan, budget and long range financial planning including heavy involvement in the Asset Management Plan.
A competitive compensation will be offered based on the applicant’s knowledge and experience. Also included are full health and life benefits as well as a generous pension plan and vacation allotment.
- A minimum of five (5) years of directly related experience in progressively more responsible positions within a municipal setting is required.
- Class 3 Operator License with air endorsement
- Intermediate Computer Skills
- Additional training in Human Resource Management, Infrastructure Management, and/or General Administration would be an asset
- Possession of a valid Water & Wastewater certification in all 4 disciplines and or related experience would be an asset
Submit written resume to CAO, Town of Nanton, Box 609, Nanton, AB T0L 1R0, or by email to email@example.com, on or before February 14th, 2018.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.