- A minimum of the requirements and qualifications as outlined in the Alberta Public Security Peace Officer Program for a Community Peace Officer Level 1.
- A valid Class 5 Alberta driver’s license.
- Strong interpersonal skills articulate written and oral communication skills including public speaking.
- Willing to take additional training as required. Well organized and capable of working independently.
- Successfully completed grade 12 or an equivalent qualification, or a 2-year diploma program from a post-secondary learning institution in Law Enforcement or a combination of education and experience.
- Full mobility, the completion of the PARE physical abilities testing (or equivalent) good physical fitness level.
- Knowledge of municipal bylaws and Alberta Statutes, Acts and Regulations including traffic enforcement.
- Computer skills in MS-Office, Word, Excel and Report Exec are an asset.
- Interpret, investigate and enforce Alberta Statutes and regulations where designated to do so and establish a pro-active community response program.
- Interpret and enforce all Town of Pincher Creek bylaws.
- Conduct patrols within Town limits and take enforcement or required action on complaints and or traffic control.
- Other duties as assigned including but not limited to; occupational health and safety audits and inspection coordination between departments and management of Town health safety program as required.
Wage: In accordance with CUPE, Local 927 Contract.
Hours of Work: full time (40-hour week). Occasional evenings and week-ends required.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume with a cover letter and references to:
Town of Pincher Creek
Box 159, Pincher Creek, Alberta T0K 1W0
or via E-mail: email@example.com