The Community Services department is seeking a dynamic, energetic person with a great work attitude, for a temporary position (12-18 months) to cover a maternity leave.
This is a temporary fulltime position (37.5 hours/week) that is primarily responsible for the planning and coordination of programs, special events and marketing initiatives for the community of Slave Lake. The position will encompass the effective management of resources, time and volunteers in developing and implementing effective programs designed to enhance the quality of life for both residents and visitors
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of preparing contracts, grants, funding proposals and reports.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control procedures.
- Computer programs including but not limited to Microsoft Outlook, MS Word, Excel, Publisher and other graphic programs.
- Knowledge of recreation and community development principles
- Superior Communication skills both written and oral.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Experience working with not-for-profit organizations and boards.
- Maintain confidentiality and consideration when dealing with staff and volunteers.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to supervise and train assigned staff.
- Ability to coordinate and organize programs, special events and marketing initiatives.
- University Degree in a related field such as Marketing, Business or Recreation Administration plus two years’ experience, or:
- A related diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution plus four years related experience. Equivalencies considered.
- 2 years’ experience in programming and event coordinating.
- 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sectors Screening
- First Aid and CPR
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License
The Town of Slave Lake offers competitive wages and an excellent benefits package.
Send your resume to:
Town of Slave Lake,
Human Resource Department,
10 Main Street S.W. P.O. Box 1030,
Slave Lake, Alberta T0G 2A0
This position will remain open until filled. We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates invited for interviews will be contacted.