Parkland County has a Permanent, Full-time position available in the Engineering Services Department for a Project Engineer. Reporting to the Manager, Engineering Projects, you are responsible for assisting in project management and coordinating capital and special projects in the areas of water/wastewater utilities, storm water and transportation. The position also conducts technical research and produces technical reports and offers design support. Maintaining Parkland County’s Engineering Design Standards is also a key component of the role. You will have strong administrative, written and oral communication skills along with well-developed project management, organizational, technical and interpersonal skills.
- Degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental, Water Resources or another Municipal Services related field is required.
- Formal training in Project Management or Construction Management of Municipal Infrastructure design and construction will be considered an asset.
- Minimum of four (4) years related experience, including project management of capital roads, water, wastewater and other related infrastructure projects as well as design drafting experience.
- Eligibility for registration with the Association of Professional Engineers Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA), as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.). Applicants working towards a P.Eng. designation will be considered at a developmental level.
- Proficient with computer applications, including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Some database and AutoCad experience would be desirable.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License current satisfactory Driver’s Abstract.
Competition Number: 19-08
Rate of Pay: $84,830 - $106,040 per annum
Hours of Work: 7 hours/day; 35 hours/week
Competition Closing Date: Friday, February 1, 2019 at 4:30 p.m.
Benefits: Extensive benefits are offered including an option to join our Earned Day Off Program.
Please apply online at https://careers.parklandcounty.com/job/search