POSITION TITLE: PROJECT MANAGER – PERMANENT FULL TIME
This key position is responsible for planning, executing, and delivering capital and other assigned organizational projects on time, within budget, and in accordance to specifications. The Project Manager will assist with the life cycle management of assets by ensuring the relevant data for all of the Town’s new and existing infrastructure is collected, stored for ease of retrieval and analysis, kept current, and utilized to achieve the maximum value of the assets.
- Establish a Project Plan for each approved project, defining the projects goals, objectives, risks, assumptions, staffing levels, roles and responsibilities, work breakdown structure, milestones, and deliverables.
- Manage project activities throughout lifecycle, including tendering of projects, the allocation of adequate resources, scheduling, documentation, budget, and other factors necessary for success
- Conduct stakeholder meetings and forums in order to solicit feedback, input, and expectations; incorporate these into project plans and report back to stakeholders per a formal communications plan.
- Closely monitor the progress and billing of third party workers, such as consultants, contractors and other specialists and track all project costs to ensure completion within budget.
- Conduct project debriefings/post mortems in order to identify areas for improvement; make changes or recommendations based on findings.
- Ensure contractors meet the requirements of Occupational Health and Safety and of the Town of Sylvan Lake safety program
- Participate in the development of long term capital planning and the development of the annual capital budget related to infrastructure
- In conjunction with the Towns engineer, participate in Construction Completion and Final Acceptance inspections
- In conjunction with the Planning and Development department, review of proposed development plans, engineering studies and infill development to ensure compliance with the Town’s current design guidelines and general construction specifications
- Minimum of Diploma from a recognized Technical Institute in the area of Civil Engineering or an Engineering Degree from a recognized University.
- Completion of PMI program or willingness to acquire this designation within a reasonable time period
- Minimum of 5 - 7 years of progressively responsible experience in the area of municipal engineering and project management
- Demonstrated success in project delivery and execution of project management methods
- Ability to work effectively with a multidisciplinary project team, facilitate discussions and achieve a balance of interests that align with long term directives
- Highly effective negotiation, diplomatic, and conflict resolutions skills.
- Strong ability to work with engineering consultants, land developers, contractors and the public to achieve the desired results
This is a tremendous opportunity to work in a professional, team focused environment. You have a strong desire to be major contributor to the success of a vibrant and growing organization. If you are up to the challenge of taking ownership and wanting to make a difference, this is an ideal situation. We offer competitive rates and an excellent benefits package, including a wellness component. If this position intrigues you...
Please submit your resume in confidence specifying the position you are applying for, by March 25, 2018 to:
Town of Sylvan Lake
5012 – 48 Avenue, Sylvan Lake, AB T4S 1G6
Attention: Human Resources
F 403 887 3660 | firstname.lastname@example.org