The Town of Wembley is seeking an energetic, dynamic individual for a full-time Public Works Foreman for the Public Works Department. The successful candidate will be strongly devoted to public service, be team orientated, innovative, and result driven.
Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, the Public Works Foreman is a managerial position, overseeing a staff of four. The Public Works Foreman will function as an equipment operator while providing supervision and direction to the Public Works employees. As such, it is designated a “working foreman” position. This individual will be responsible and will be required to work in all aspects of the daily municipal operations of the Public Works Department which includes water, wastewater, roads and general maintenance of municipal infrastructure, land, buildings and equipment.
Qualifications required are:
- Grade 12 education or equivalent qualification
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Competencies with computer software programs including Microsoft Office and Excel
- Valid Class 3 Driver's License with Q Endorsement
- Possess excellent public relation skills and be self-motivated
- Ability to perform physical labor as required
- Availability to work weekends and to be on-call on a rotational basis as required
- Proficiently operate, maintain and repair a variety of equipment including backhoe, loader, grader, dump truck, lawnmowers, etc.
- Level 1 Water and Wastewater certificate would be an asset
- The Town of Wembley offers a competitive salary package, based on a 40-hour work week, plus an excellent benefits package.
Send Resumes via mail, fax or email:
Chief Administrative Officer
Town of Wembley
Wembley, AB. T0H 3S0
Attention: Lori Parker, CAO
This competition is open until a suitable candidate is found. All applicants are thanked for their interest, however, only those invited for an interview will be contacted.