The Records Management Coordinator supports and maintains the County’s records and records-related information management program and facilitates the application of consistent records management procedures and applications for the organization by providing continuous training, technical and program support to organizational staff to create employee alignment with records management program objectives. Provides support with the maintenance of departmental records, implementation and maintenance of any automated records management systems, departmental records conversions, and disposition of County records. Ensures that departmental sub-systems comply with corporate records management policies and practices; maintains and coordinates County Master File Plan and Records Retention Schedules. Develops and coordinates inactive records and archival storage system; processes and tracks information requests. Promotes and participates in the County health and safety program and performs related duties.
- The preferred level of education required by this position is a diploma in Records and Information Management (or related field), with a minimum two (2) years of directly-related experience or five (5) years of equivalent experience in a municipal environment; knowledge of Records Management software would be an asset;
- Attention to detail, and accuracy, coupled with a solid understanding of records retention, disposal and functional classification systems with experience searching and using records management software;
- Demonstrated knowledge of MS Suite, paper and electronic records, document systems (M, Email and other desktop applications;
- Ability to lift medium weight (up to 50 lbs);
- Working knowledge of the FOIPP Act (Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy);
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to maintain positive relationships and encourage program participation with minimal supervision in a multiple task environment;
- Valid AB Drivers’ License – (no more than six (6) demerits).
Records Management Coordinator – Legislative, Community and AG Services
WD Pay Band $28.69/hr*
Hourly – Contract Position – up to 18 months in duration
Monday through Friday – 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
No Benefits or Pension – 6% vacation pay
All applications are to be marked “confidential” and will be received in confidence. Submit resumes, Attention Human Resources, in one of the following ways:
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax to (403)335-9207
- Mail to Postal Bag 100, Didsbury, AB T0M 0W0
Note: For a detailed Position Description please contact Human Resources directly at 403-335-3311 ext 194 or email your request to email@example.com - We appreciate the interest of all candidates; however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.