The Town of Morinville is currently seeking a full time Records Technician to join the Corporate & Financial Services team. Reporting to the Information Management/FOIP Coordinator, the Records Technician will work with all Town of Morinville departments during the upgrading/implementation of a new Electronic Records Management System (ERMS) and through day to day records management processes.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Deliver objectives of the records management program including adherence to filing practices, use of manual and automated records management systems and compliance with current policies and legislation.
- Support the implementation of Electronic Records Management System (ERMS).
- Research and compile information for comparison and creation of information Governance related policies.
- Manage and develop town forms, ensuring that branding and FOIP requirements are adhered to.
- Provide technical guidance, troubleshooting, training and support to staff with the town’s electronic records management system (ERMS), corporate records structure, policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Recommend and develop information management migration strategies.
- Verify data entered by departmental staff by reviewing, correcting, deleting or re-entering data and provide feedback to staff for the same.
- Classify, code, cross-reference, log and store records of all media types, according to the Records Retention Policy
- Locate and retrieve records for official FOIP requests as required.
- Manage records throughout their lifecycle ensuring that an audit trail is maintained, and that the legislated requirements for final disposition are adhered to.
- Manage off-site records including initial transfer, retrieval and re-file requests of records and arrangement for destruction of records, approved for final disposition, through a confidential shredding service provider.
- Primary backup for the Information Management/FOIP Coordinator as required.
- Records Management Certificate (Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered).
- A minimum of 2-3 years of related and progressive experience with records management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook); strong organizational, interpersonal, communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines, while dealing with sensitive and confidential information, with a high degree of diplomacy and professionalism.
- Excellent analytical abilities, attention to detail, a high level of internal/external customer service.
- Exposure to converting and implementing an Electronic Records Management System is an asset
- Training and knowledge of the Alberta Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
- Experience working in a Municipal Government setting considered an asset.
Compensation: Salary Range of $45,662—$54,523 (7 Step Grid). We offer a comprehensive benefits package including pension and professional development opportunities.
Application Deadline: 12:00 pm, December 31, 2018
Please submit resumes by the above noted deadline; however, resumes will be accepted until the position has been filled.
Please submit applications quoting “Records Technician” to:
Town of Morinville
Morinville, AB T8R 1L6
The Town of Morinville thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.