With a population of approximately 15 800, Cold Lake is a city that offers a wealth of excitement, adventure and entertainment for all in any season. Hugging the southern shores of Alberta’s seventh largest lake, this recreational paradise can be accessed in summer and winter through western Canada’s largest inland marina. New housing, excellent educational facilities, a multipurpose recreational facility and a college are just a few of the highlights that truly make Cold Lake a community of choice.
The City of Cold Lake is seeking an enthusiastic individual to assume the responsibilities of Recreation Facilities and Parks Manager. This is a permanent, full-time position.
Rerporting to the General Manager of Community Services, the Recreation Facilities and Parks Manager works closely with the Recreation Programs and Services Manager to ensure service levels and departmental goals are met and is accountable for:
- addressing day-to-day operational concerns relating to City of Cold Lake recreational facilities, the marina, and beautification of City park locations and cemeteries.
- liaising with and assisting multiple user groups, committees, stakeholders, and external service providers within the community.
- providing leadership and guidance to all staff members in the department, while promoting a positive and safe working environment.
- the development and maintenance of facility, parks, and marina master plans to ensure that the City’s infrastructure remains sustainable.
The City of Cold Lake is looking for a candidate who must:
- possesses exceptional multitasking skills and has the ability to successfully manage multiple projects with tight deadlines.
- be able to remain open-minded and positive.
- be trustworthy and able to deal with confidential and/or sensitive information.
The successful candidate will have:
- a University Degree in Business, Recreation, or a related discipline,
- 5-10 years’ supervisory or management experience, preferably within a municipal or other government setting.
- direct experience with facility and greenspace management; Playground Inspector, Level II Arena Operator, and Level II Parks and Sports Fields Operator certifications.
- strong computer skill set, including Microsoft Office, is required.
- Experience in dealing with grants and budget creation is also required.
- Strong communication (both written and verbal), and organizational skills are required,
- effective problem solving and project management skills, and a keen interest in customer service.
The City of Cold Lake provides a competitive compensation package to successful candidates. This competition will remain open until March 18, 2018.
Submit resumes with cover letter to:
City of Cold Lake
5513 – 48 Avenue
Cold Lake, AB T9M 1A1
Facsimile: (780) 594-4041
Or, apply online at: www.coldlake.com
The City of Cold Lake thanks all applicants; however only those short-listed for an interview will be contacted.