The MD of Taber is looking for an individual with experience to operate a Regional Water Treatment Plant and a Regional Water Distribution pipeline. As a successful candidate you will be part of a team that is responsible for the maintenance and distribution of water to our communities.
Key areas of responsibility are:
- Assist in the operation and maintenance of M.D. of Taber Regional Water Treatment Plants situated in Vauxhall & Bow Island. Regional Pipelines and Water Distribution Systems located in the Hamlets of Hays, Enchant and Grassy Lake.
- Knowledge in scheduling of proper maintenance on the filter membranes in order to meet the highest performance rating possible.
- Assist with the operations of the MD’s Waste Water Treatment and Waste Water Collection Systems.
- To ensure that the Water Treatment Plants and Water Distribution Systems are operating efficiently and effectively and are meeting all Alberta Environment and Canadian Drinking Water Guidelines and Standards.
- To recommend changes to the Senior Utility Operator or the Director of Hamlets and Utilities as to the ways and means to achieve an efficient and effective operational Water Treatment Plant and Regional Transmission Pipelines.
- Provide a safe potable water supply for system users.
- Monitor the status of all operating guidelines such as flows, pressures, chemical feed rates, reservoir levels, and the quality of water in reference to online monitoring and bench testing equipment.
- Extensive knowledge of safe handling procedures of hazardous materials. I.e. chlorine gas, caustic soda, sodium hypochlorite, activated carbon, Pac chemical, etc.
- Responsible for compiling and submitting all reports, (daily, monthly, year end) and all other reports as requested.
- Successful completion of Grade 12.
- Level II Operator Certificate Required in Water Treatment
- Level II Operator Certificate in Water Distribution.
- Level I Operator Certificate in Wastewater Treatment or Higher.
- Level I Operator Certificate in Wastewater Collection or Higher.
- Competent Computer Skills
- Valid Class 5 Operator's License
The Municipal District of Taber offers a professional workplace culture that encourages leadership and learning, including opportunities for professional development to improve your existing knowledge and passion for public service, as well as a competitive salary and excellent employee benefit program and LAPP pension.
Please visit the MD of Taber’s website for additional position information at https://www.mdtaber.ab.ca/p/employment
Interested individuals are invited to submit by email a cover letter and resume with references to:
Municipal District of Taber
By email to:HR@mdtaber.ab.ca
Initial review of resumes will be reviewed as they are submitted and the MD of Taber encourages qualified applicants to submit their application package promptly. We thank all applicants; however only those invited for an interview will be personally contacted.