Kneehill County is seeking a highly motivated and community minded individual to join our team as Fire Chief for Kneehill County.
This position will be accountable for the effective planning, coordination, implementation and delivery of fire services within the County. This position will play a key role in the development and implementation of a rural fire service strategy. Key focus areas include coordination of fire services, fire safety codes, radio communication systems, and emergency support.
As part of the Protective Services team, other areas of focus include emergency management, health and safety, public fire prevention education and relationship building with other agencies.
The desired candidate will have the following qualifications:
- NFPA 1001 Firefighter Level 2
- NFPA 1021 Fire Officer Level 1 Certificate or combination of relevant experience
- NFPA 1041 Fire Service Instructor Level 2 desired
- Alberta Safety Codes Officer in Fire Discipline desired
- NFPA 1051 Wildland Firefighting desired
- 5 years of proven training and operational experience
- Previous experience in municipal government setting would be considered an asset.
We offer a competitive salary along with a 100% employer paid benefits program. If this opportunity is of interest to you, apply by February 15, 2019.