Promoting health and safety awareness is an essential component of the MD of Taber’s safety programs. This position is responsible for the ongoing planning, coordination, implementation and administration of the MD of Taber’s health and safety management system. The incumbent should have the necessary skills required to communicate effectively with staff, management and others throughout the organization as well as experience in the construction and/or municipal services industry.
Key areas of responsibility are:
- Ensure all Occupational Health & Safety and WCB legislation requirements are met.
- Conduct internal safety audits for maintenance of COR and implement action plans.
- Coordinate the development of the Joint Health and Safety Committee meeting agendas in association with the Co-Chairs.
- Develop, implement and maintain workplace emergency plans and specific practices and procedures for relevant work sites.
- Provide coordination and counselling for all compliance regulations related to health and safety.
- Conduct safety orientation sessions and organize safety training for employees
- Act as a liaison with the MD’s safety partners such as AASP, AMHSA, OH&S and any other safety related organizations.
- Instruct and coach staff on proper and consistent development and use of all safety documentation.
- Co-ordinate Alberta One-Call as required.
- Successful completion of Grade 12 and 2 years of post-secondary education is required.
- Minimum of three years of progressively responsible experience including experience conducting investigations and audits, providing training sessions and completion of short-term training courses or programs specific to health and safety.
- Currently hold or willing to obtain certification with the Board of Canadian Registered Safety Professionals.
- Valid Class 5 Operator's License
The Municipal District of Taber offers a professional workplace culture that encourages leadership and learning, including opportunities for professional development to improve your existing knowledge and passion for public service, as well as a competitive salary and excellent employee benefit program and LAPP pension.
Please visit the MD of Taber’s website for additional position information at https://www.mdtaber.ab.ca/p/employment
Interested individuals are invited to submit by email a cover letter and resume with references to:
Municipal District of Taber
4900B – 50th Street
Taber, Alberta T1G 1T2
By email to: HR@mdtaber.ab.ca
Initial review of resumes will be reviewed as they are submitted and the MD of Taber encourages qualified applicants to submit their application package promptly. We thank all applicants; however only those invited for an interview will be personally contacted.