THE OKANAGAN LIFESTYLE IS CALLING
Grow your career in one of the best places on earth. Forget the long commute. Kayak or walk on the waterfront at sunrise, put in an honest day’s work, and still have plenty of time for a bike ride or round of golf before sunset. Fill your weekends with wine tours, hiking, mountain biking, downhill or cross country skiing, or boating. Or enjoy one of the many campgrounds within less than an hour’s drive from home. In fact, we know a few people who commute from the campground, put in a full shift, and are back at the RV barbecuing burgers by the beach at half past five!
That’s why so many people want to work here. But you’re the one who has put in all the time and effort. You have all the credentials, skills and experience, and have paid the dues that make this opportunity yours. Answer the call. Live, work and play in a place where home and holiday meet!
WHAT MORE DO WE OFFER?
Competitive salary combined with excellent pension and health and dental benefits
On the job development and training opportunities
Four weeks’ vacation after two years
Career advancement potential
Free staff parking
JOIN OUR TEAM AS SENIOR BUILDING INSPECTOR
WHO IS THE IDEAL CANDIDATE?
- A professional who qualifies as a Level III Inspector with the Building Officials Association of BC, Level I with the Plumbing Officials Association of BC and has Registered Building Official Certification under the Building Officials’ Act with at least five years in the role.
- A person who knows the BC Building Code and provincial acts, standards and regulations and has an intimate knowledge of prescriptive requirements and the intent and application for alternative solution proposals.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to coach, mentor and effectively lead a team is essential.
- You will be expected to understand, support and implement the department’s compliance objectives through education, prevention and enforcement functions to clients and to colleagues within the team.
- Conduct complex inspections, plans examination, and investigations.
- Lead various projects and the building team on initiatives, involving multiple stakeholders, to meet department needs and within defined timelines.
- Strong leadership skills to influence partnership agreements and resolve key stakeholder issues while ensuring the City’s interests are served.
- You have knowledge of planning, Building Code and related legislation, policy development and decision-making processes.
For a full description, please visit www.westkelownacity.ca/jobs. Then email us your resume, and include a brief cover letter introducing yourself to us. Please quote the competition number and send in your application package by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’re the right person, you’ll definitely hear from us. If not, please keep working at your career; we’re growing so fast, we might very well meet in the future.
COMPETITION 18-26E | OPENS FEB. 21, 2018 | PAY $42.10/HR @ 40HR/WK, M-F (UNDER REVIEW)