- Serves as a point of contact to facilitate development permit process between companies and the development authority by enabling and encouraging information exchange.
- Promptly responds to requests from new investment leads to the County
- Identifies and rationalizes economic opportunities, proactively pursues grant funding opportunities
- Develops presentations, conduct seminars and participate in meeting with prospective investors and external audiences to showcase the economic opportunities in Sturgeon County.
- Engages with business retention and expansion activities with the existing business community
- Directly engages with the existing business community and facilitating development with new or prospective investors / developers
- Works with Regional audiences and builds network for leveraging activities of the department and service provision to local business community
- Represents Sturgeon County at various venues through the region, province, or country
- Assists with the coordination of events that focus on Sturgeon County
- Prepares RFPs and work with hired Consultants, monitor progress and results on specific sector projects all in line with following the Sturgeon County Project Management philosophy
- Creates and delivers Requests for Decisions in Council and Committee of the Whole meetings as well as interacts with Council boards and committees.
- Researches private and public sector economic development funding opportunities and prepare proposals for funding to support economic development
- Prepares, analyzes and interprets economic data pertinent to Sturgeon County, the Edmonton Metro Region, Alberta and Canada to be used in internal planning discussions, and in external promotional and marketing materials.
The individual must:
- be able to work independently and, in a team, setting, working with the existing business community as well as potential investors, community organizations, other municipalities as well as other levels of government.
- possess project management skills, written and verbal communication skills and people skills.
- understand economic development practices, have a strong knowledge of emerging trends and issues and the ability to collect and interpret data from a variety of sources.
- have a Basic web and graphic design knowledge, or would be an asset.
- have a Degree or diploma in business, marketing, commerce or related field with 5-7 years of complimentary experience of progressive level of responsibility demonstrated; experience working in a municipal government environment an asset along with Economic Development of Canada professional designation.
Position Type: Permanent Full Time
Rate of Pay: $80,513 – $105,949
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Competition Close Date: March 23, 2018
Please submit your resume and cover letter by email quoting the competition number in the subject line to: