CMRSWC has an exciting and challenging position available for the right person. After becoming a commission in 2020 CMRSWC is looking at moving further in providing quality solid waste management services to its 11 member municipalities. The Commission consists of one regional landfill, and 16 transfer stations which are currently run by the member municipalities.
The Commission is looking for an SEO to help us handle to transition from an Authority to a Commission. Using the existing Best Practices Model and Management Plan the position will help the board develop the necessary policies and strategic direction to implement many of the recommendations in the best practices model. To this end, the SEO would oversee or be responsible for a wide range of activities, from operations, human resources, and accounting, to taking part in meetings with the Board.
- Overseeing the general operations of the Commission, which are led on a day-to-day basis by the operator. This will include all human resources related aspects of leading a team.
- Accounting of all transactions by the Commission, and preparation of an annual budget and financial statement.
- Developing policies and programs for approval by the Board. This would include setting minimum service levels, designing educational programs for transfer station users, and creating reporting structures to determine and communicate functionality of the new policies and programs.
- Being accountable to the Board and present at Board meetings to report on operations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Demonstrated experience in policy development, financial acumen, and resource management.
- Knowledge of Canadian accounting standards for not-for-profit organizations.
- Proven experience in strategic planning, organizational development plans, and preparation of financial reports.
- Ability to create and lead a productive and positive work environment with a cohesive team.
- Excellent communications skills in written and oral. Must be able to provide clear and effective communication, and may include: community CAO’s, government, CMRSWC Board members, and employees.
- Display enthusiasm to collaboratively creating a vision for the commission and to seeing that vision through with day-to-day tasks.
- 5-10 years of related management experience is preferred.
Renumeration is based on overall performance and applicate experience. This contract position is estimated to take approximately ten days, (80 hours), per month.
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org, inclusive of the following:
- Address documentation, Attention: CMRSWC Board
- Cover Letter
- To include salary and contract expectations
- 3 Professional References
Please note: All applicants must be legally entitled to live and work in Canada, and only those selected for an interview will be contacted.