The City of Camrose is seeking an experienced Senior Municipal Engineering Technologist (Transportation) to join our team. Reporting to the Director of Engineering, this person will provide direct assistance to the Director of Engineering and Senior Administration, as required, in the areas of planning, design, and construction of municipal infrastructure projects. This position is full time and permanent, in the Infrastructure and Planning Department.
- Assists with management of the City’s capital works program (underground, surface) including project design, tendering, project management, and construction supervision for projects ranging in size and complexity.
- Coordinates major transportation and airport planning studies for department.
- Addresses public complaints and resolves conflicts between contractors, developers and the public.
- Prepares municipal bylaws and policies related to the operation and maintenance of municipal infrastructure.
- Organizes and participates in public forums on municipal issues (open houses, public hearings, Council meetings, etc.)
- Oversees planning and implementation of the City’s annual traffic counting program.
- Provides assistance to Public Works and Engineering staff with developing cost estimates for service installations.
- Provides assistance to Planning & Development work unit by participating in engineering reviews.
- Assists with the development of annual operating and capital budgets and multi-year capital programs.
- Supervises Airport Manager, and the general operations of the Camrose Airport.
- Supervises and directs various work groups.
- A Civil or Environmental Engineering degree with Professional Engineer’s designation and current membership with APEGA or a NAIT or SAIT diploma in Civil Engineering Technology and current membership with ASET as a Certified Engineering Technologist or a Professional Technologist.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant post-diploma experience in municipal design or construction.Experience working directly with a municipality would be an asset.
- Significant contract and project management experience, preferably within the fields of transportation and utilities.
- Significant experience in field inspection, and design standards, preferably within the fields of transportation and utilities.
- Strong communication and computer skills.
HOURS OF WORK: Hours of work are typically 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
SALARY & BENEFITS: The City of Camrose offers competitive salary, attractive benefits, and a positive work environment. The starting salary for this position will be dependent upon the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
Individuals interested in this position are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to the address below or in person by December 14, 2018 at 4:30 p.m.
City of Camrose
5204 50 Avenue
Camrose, AB T4V 0S8
We appreciate and consider all applications; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.