Clearwater County is accepting applications in consideration of one of our key supervisory positions in the Public Works Department: Surface Roads Supervisor.
This position plans and supervises projects for the County’s Public Works Department in the areas of: Dust Control, Surface Roads Winter Maintenance, Chip Sealing program, and Asphalt Maintenance. The incumbent in this position is to be available for on-call duties.
- Prepare estimates of probable costs of materials, labour and equipment for projects;
- Assists the Manager in developing policies for Council approval, ensures implementation and compliance after approval;
- Facilitates the transition of a project from estimating to management and monitors progress and conformance with the contract requirements;
- Monitor day to day contractors field activities;
- Ensures that all safety requirements and policies of the Municipality and Occupational Health and Safety legislation and good workplace practices are being conducted;
- Supervise and inspect the work of contractors and consultants;
- Completes formal and informal inspections for surface roads maintenance projects;
- Responsibility for the safe, proper operation, attention and maintenance on vehicles and/or equipment assigned to the surface roads project(s);
- Responds to public inquiries and concerns by municipal rate payers and ensures their inquiries are addressed in a courteous and timely manner.
- Civil Engineering Technologist designation is preferred, or, completed trade certification, and post-secondary technical or courses in related fields and experience equivalency
- Working knowledge of OH & S legislation and safety in roads maintenance best practices
- Three (3) or more years of experience at working foreman level, including supervising, hiring, training, disciplining
- Current First Aid/CPR Certificate
- Clean Drivers’ Abstract
- Computer literacy and proficient working level of numeracy/reports
- Good oral and written communications skills including public presentation skills
- Ability to plan and organize
This position is managerial in nature and is not eligible for overtime: additional annual vacation leave is provided in lieu. Hours of work/commitment time is 40 hours weekly, from Mondays to Fridays.
Please provide a resume, the names of 3 business references, and your required salary to be considered for this position. Applications will be accepted on-line and sent to: email@example.com
Although the County anticipates starting its interviewing process in mid-January, this competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Clearwater County values Accountability, Integrity, Service, Community and Communications.
We thank all applicants in advance for your interest in Clearwater County but only those who meet responsibilities and requirements will be contacted directly.