The Town of Drumheller is seeking an individual to fill the Surface Works Foreman position. This position is responsible for planning, initiating and supervising various maintenance and construction projects including roadways, signage, sidewalks, trails and drainage systems. Responsible for carrying out the Town's Snow Removal Policy. Prepares work plans and directs staff with regards to these projects. Assists with the preparation, monitoring and controlling of department budget.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum Grade 12 or GED.
- Must have or be willing to take supervisory courses from the Canadian Public Works Association or equivalent courses. Preference given to those with post secondary education in engineering, surveying or related courses.
- Minimum three (3) years of related supervisory experience, preferably in a municipal environment.
- Must be physically fit with the ability to work in all working conditions.
- Perform all duties with a minimum of supervision under variable work loads.
- Demonstrated experience with construction surveying and road projects.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Hands-on application and use of computer systems and applications, including Microsoft Office applications.
- Valid class 3 driver's license with Air Brake endorsement.
- May be required to take training related to the duties of this position.
Hours per Week: 40 hours - Monday to Friday. Will be required to assume On-call duties on a rotational basis
Pay Scale: $37.16 per hour
Benefits: As per the Town's HR policy and CUPE 135 Collective Bargaining Agreement.
A full description of the position Surface Works Foreman is available upon request.
Resumes may be submitted by 4:30 p.m. December 8, 2018 to:
Town of Drumheller
224 Centre Street
Drumheller, Alberta T0J 0Y4
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those invited for an interview will be contacted.