THE COMMUNITY – A People First Community:
With almost 14,000 residents, High River maintains a small-town feel while having convenient access to larger urban centres; it is a vibrant and thriving community that offers an inclusive social environment and locally-owned dynamic businesses.
We are proud of everything that makes our community great. Our 2018 Vital Signs Report celebrates our sense of community, belonging and friendliness; our diversity of art, culture and heritage accessible to residents; our events that showcase arts and culture; and the amount and diversity of healthy activities offered.
We are a “People First Community,” and believe that if we take care of our employees they in turn will take care of our customers and the community. Our employees are at the core of what we do and are essential to making our community great.
Our purpose, or why we do what we do, is because we want to make a difference in our community now and for generations to come (our ‘why’). To achieve this we respect one another, inspire each other, can be counted on, are better together and dare to be different (our ‘how’).
Through the dedication and passion of our 150 employees, we deliver important services to the community, including: Recreation, Community Support Services, Protective Services, Roads, Utilities, Water Treatment, Planning and Development. All of these are supported with critical behind the scenes services, like Engineering, Finance, Legislative Services, Information Technology, Risk Management and Human Resources, to name a few.
We have some exciting things happening in the organization. We have embarked on a workplace culture journey that has enhanced our commitment to people, both our employees and the community we serve. With the support of Council, we have identified three pillars to achieve the workplace culture we desire: Accountable, Excellence and Connected.
The Town Manager serves as the leader for the organization to achieve Council’s objectives to make a difference in the community. The role requires inspirational and visionary leadership to be the ambassador for workplace culture and to champion achievement of the Strategic Plan. The Town Manager is a leader in the community and is actively and positively involved in High River, serving as the key point of contact for both Council and the community. Second to serving as a leader for the community and the organization, this role encompasses oversight to all departments and divisions within the organization. Key accountabilities include:
- Serves as a trusted advisor to our elected officials, Mayor and Council, on a wide range of municipal matters and seeks to support the implementation of Council-related priorities within the municipal framework.
- Effectively communicates, lives and inspires the ‘why’, ‘what’ and ‘how’ of Council’s Strategic Plan.Serves as a role model of the ‘how’ and is the ambassador for positive culture throughout the organization.
- Provides mentorship and support to the Senior Leadership team, ensuring the focus areas identified within Council’s Strategic Plan are effectively aligned with the short- and long-term corporate strategy.
- Ensures all Town services and activities are efficiently coordinated, delivered in a responsive, effective and customer focused manner, reflecting the overall strategic priorities of the Town.
- Ensures an effective framework of governance that provides appropriate direction and parameters within which operational systems, practices and procedures are in compliance with legislation, regulations, corporate policies, procedure and guidelines.
- Establishes strategic direction based on Council priorities and continual assessment of the environment and emerging trends, issues and opportunities that may impact the municipality.
- Ensures long-term financial objectives are met and sets annual goals consistent with the business strategy.
- Supports continuous improvement in health and safety.
- Builds strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to foster healthy relationships to advance the Town objectives of performance excellence.
- Positively and actively involved in the community we serve.
We are looking for an inspirational people leader to take the helm as our next Town Manager. We are looking for someone who has as much passion about our community as they do about our organization. Municipal Government or Public Sector experience is important; however, more critical is outstanding leadership experience. Our ideal candidate will:
- Lead with Integrity: values driven, authentic, decisive, self-aware, trusted and trusting, creates strong relationships
- Actively Develop Others: coach, mentor, inspires and motivates, develops and delegates
- Deliver Service Excellence: servant leadership style, community- and people- first, breaks down barriers, takes responsible risks, leads change, manages resources, focus on automation and service innovation
- Be an Exceptional Communicator: inspires, seeks first to understand, influences others, outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Drive Strategic Orientation: political acumen, visionary, helps others connect to the strategic vision, big picture and innovative thinking
- Build Organizational Community: collaborative, ambassador for culture, champion for connecting organizational team, cultivates organizational alignment focused on ‘we’
- Exemplify Accountability: inspires agreement, ‘say it, mean it, do it’, decisive, takes initiative, holds others accountable, turns thoughtful ideas into action
Education and experience:
- A university degree in public or business administration, or in a related discipline relevant to public sector leadership.
- Minimum 10 years progressive experience in a senior leadership role in the public sector.Leadership experience in Municipal Government is considered an asset.
- Strong understanding of strategic planning, business plans and budgeting.
- Knowledge and experience in matters concerning relevant provincial and federal legislation. Experience in matters related to the Municipal Government Act is preferred.
Preference will be given to those candidates willing to relocate to High River.
To apply, please send resume to:
Sonja Coleman, Manager of Human Resources