People who visit and live in Okotoks often comment on how beautiful the scenery is – the mountain views are majestic and the Sheep River valley is at the heart of where we play. They love that Okotoks is just 15 minutes south of Calgary and a short drive to Kananaskis Country. Okotoks has gained a reputation as an award-winning community, recognized nationally for our commitment to sustainability and to organizational excellence. With annexation complete, the community will grow substantially over the next 60 years. These are exciting times for Okotoks as we envision and plan for our future, while we remain committed to maintaining the enviable lifestyle our residents enjoy.
The Town of Okotoks is a progressive organization; offering a challenging and dynamic work environment where collaboration, open communication, frequent exchange of ideas and teamwork across different business centres assists us in providing exceptional customer service.
The Town of Okotoks fosters a culture of shared accountability through our collaboratively developed “Habits of Execution” which empowers employees to focus on organizational outcomes and supports a high performance culture. We have a strong focus on health and safety, and strive for a culture of wellness, inclusion and organizational effectiveness.
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated Transportation, Fleet and Facilities Manager to join our dynamic Operations and Utilities team on a permanent basis.
Principle accountabilities of this position include:
- Providing strategic and operational direction to the Transportation, Fleet and Facilities business center.
- Working closely with the Director of Operations and Utilities to establish goals for the Business Center and to plan, develop and monitor operating and capital budgets.
- Providing direction and goals to Transportation & Fleet and Facilities Team Leaders.
- Overseeing recruitment, orientation and performance management of the Transportation, Fleet and Facilities Business Center team.
- Providing leadership in terms of Occupational Health & Safety, Training and Development, and exemplifying and promoting the Town’s Core values of Accountability, Communication, Collaboration, Innovation, Empowerment, and Passion.
- Demonstrating leadership in adapting to innovative work environments and ensuring employees are aware of organizational initiatives and decisions.
- Responding to requests from internal and external customers.
What You Bring:
To be successful in this position you must possess:
- Completion of a diploma or degree from a recognized post-secondary institution in Civil Engineering, Facilities Maintenance, Fleet Management or a related discipline. An equivalent combination of education and directly related experience may be considered.
- Additional education in leadership programs will be considered an asset.
- A minimum of 8 years progressive experience in management and supervision of staff, preferably in a municipal or public works environment.
- Eligible APWA Supervisor or Management certification may be considered an asset. .
- Membership with APEGA or ASET may be considered an asset.
Compensation: Salary Range: $121,845 - $134,284
Our total compensation package includes a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefit package and participation in LAPP and APEX pension.
To apply for this position please visit our website.