As one of Canada’s fastest growing municipalities, Rocky View County offers significant opportunities for professional development. Our dedicated employees work with a variety of stakeholders to develop innovative and unique solutions for the complexities of rural and urban development. We seek individuals who thrive on challenges, who provide excellent customer service in a fast-paced environment, and whose positive energy enables the County to grow and prosper.
Reporting to the Roads Maintenance Foreman, the Truck Driver will competently operate trucks throughout the County to perform seasonal assignments, and comply with safe work practices, procedures and legislation at all times
- Operate and maneuver vehicle in a safe, efficient and effective manner as assigned, to include but not limited to:
- Hauling and placing various types of bulk materials such as gravel, earth, asphalt, oil and water
- Driving and operating snow plow and sanding units
- Operating various hand tools and mobile equipment
- Perform daily pre- and post-operation equipment checks:
- Ensuring equipment is in proper operating condition
- Identifying and reporting equipment deficiencies
- Logging and reporting mileage and quantities hauled
- Perform general labour as assigned to include, but not limited to:
- Culvert installation and steam out of frozen culverts (as necessary)
- Snow fence installation and or removal
- Road hot- and cold-patching
- Right-of-way brushing
- Removal of debris, litter and road kill from ditches and roadsides.
- Identify and report road hazards and road surface deficiencies to the foreman.
- Effectively read and follow local area maps to efficiently navigate within the County.
- Understand and follow the Alberta Highway Traffic Act as it pertains to commercial vehicles.
- Participate in and contribute to safety meetings and job hazard assessment reviews.
- Adhere to Health and Safety Legislation and Rocky View safe work policies and procedures at all times, ensuring the protection and safety of self, co-workers, the public and environment.
A minimum of 1 year relevant progressive work experience along with a valid Class 1 or 3Q vehicle operator’s permit.
- Clean current 5 year driver’s abstract (with 2 or less infractions).
- Operate standard transmission equipment.
- Physically able to perform demanding tasks including: bending, shoveling, heavy lifting up to 18 kilograms (40 pounds), and operating equipment for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision or work as part of a team.
- Demonstrate and execute safe and skillful operation of equipment at all times.
- Foster positive relationships with internal and external customers.
- Ensure appropriate utilization of personal protective equipment (PPE) required (e.g., CSA footwear).
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience of basic computer functions (log on, check emails, open and save documents in MS Office Suite) as well as basic keyboarding skills.
- Competent working level for tandem axle trucks; may have experience with pulling trailers.
Job Type: Permanent Full-Time
Location: Balzac, Alberta
Number of Positions: 1
Salary: $51,540 – $60,560 / Year
Interested applicants are invited to apply direct to www.rockyview.jobs. Applications are due by 10 pm MST on the closing date.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.