As Alberta's 'Botanical Arts City', St. Albert is a community renowned for its botanical arts, its commitment to a green lifestyle and the cultivation of activities that provide for a well-rounded quality of life. Our employees provide over 64,000 residents with high-quality programs and services and are proud to contribute to making St. Albert one of the best places to live in Canada.
The City of St. Albert’s Utilities Department is recruiting a Utilities Engineer to join their team. The Utilities Department manages our potable water distribution, wastewater collection and storm water management systems throughout the City of St. Albert.
Reporting to the Director of Utilities, the Utilities Engineer will conduct the analysis required to support development of short and long-term asset management and capital plans regarding repair, maintenance and rehabilitation requirements for the City of St. Albert’s underground and drainage infrastructure. This position prepares recommendations on necessary capital expansion and investment required to sustain the City’s infrastructure. This role will also provide technical support to the Capital Projects Office and be part of the project teams specific to utility projects during the planning and design phases as the need arises. This position will assist in the preparation of the Utility Master plan and associated documents to support long term Planning.
The individual we seek:
- is team-oriented and personable, with strong communication skills.
- is someone who is solution-oriented and thrives in a dynamic work environment where innovative approaches are often required.
- will require extensive technical and financial experience and knowledge with the ability to compile, analyze, evaluate and interpret financial, statistical and engineering data in relation to the operation, construction, maintenance and administration of utility service systems.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering.
- A minimum of 5 years related experience in municipal utility systems design and construction.
- Eligible for licensing with APEGA.
- Experience providing public service delivery and strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- The successful candidate should have strong computer skills including MS Office, GIS, and Utility Simulation programs such as WaterCAD or Sewer modeling software.
- Candidates should have experience in project management, administration of capital projects, and coordinating contractual and operational activities in the Water & Wastewater field.
- A valid Class 5 drivers licence is required.
$83,041 - $101,033 per annum. In addition, the City of St. Albert offers a generous and comprehensive flexible benefit package.
HOURS OF WORK
We offer a compressed work schedule of 72 hours bi-weekly (Monday - Friday, 8:00 – 5:00 with a regular day off [RDO] every two weeks).
The successful applicant will be required to obtain a satisfactory police information check.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume via the City of St. Albert Employment website www.stalbert.ca/employment
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.