Town of Nanton
With a population of approximately 2,200 people, the community of Nanton can be found 40 minutes south of Calgary along Highway 2. This unique southern Alberta community offers its residents a relaxed lifestyle in a great locale. There are plenty of opportunities to become involved in the community through service clubs and local societies. The Town has a range of local stores and shops, two schools for kindergarten through grade 12, a local health clinic and excellent community health care network. Outdoor enthusiasts can enjoy the natural settings in the nearby foothills of the Rocky Mountains.
To learn more, visit: www.nanton.ca
In 2017 the Town completed a new state of the art Wastewater Treatment Plant with MBR Technology. Working in this $12 million dollar plant is an operator’s dream. We look forward to welcoming a new member to our “Team”.
Under the supervision of the Operations Manager, the Utility Operator, one of two operators, is responsible for:
- the daily operation and maintenance functions at the water and wastewater treatment plant, for water reservoirs and overall system maintenance.
- monitors and maintains the quality of the output from the plants, and prepares the required reports as per Alberta Environment Codes and Regulations.
- Operators,with support from public works, will oversee repairs and maintenance of the distribution and collection systems.
- Operators may be asked to assist in other areas of Town operations as required and time allows. There is a requirement for weekend hours for water and sewer testing on a rotational basis.
- Valid water Distribution and Wastewater Collection Certification Level II
- Valid water and Wastewater Treatment Certification Level II
- Experience in lab operations and effective record keeping
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Valid Class 3 Driver’s License with air endorsement
- Minimum grade 12 high school education or equivalent
Job Rate - $32.57 per hour as per CUPE Union Local #37 Agreement. Generous benefit package is included.
Submit written application to CAO, Town of Nanton, Box 609, Nanton, AB T0L 1R0, or by email to email@example.com, on or before February 22nd, 2018
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.