Applications to the new Canada Community Revitalization Fund (CCRF) are closing on July 23, 2021. Recently announced in Budget 2021, the CCRF will provide $500 million over two years to be delivered by Canada’s regional development agencies (RDAs). The funds can be invested in shared and inclusive public spaces.
- Not-for-profit organizations or charities.
- Any municipal or regional government, or bodies providing infrastructure services to communities (e.g., municipalities, rural communities, local service districts, public-sector bodies).
- Indigenous-led not-for-profits and organizations.
This will help to create the conditions and accessibility required to stimulate local economies and bring Canadians back together.
The Government of Canada recognizes that when communities have the infrastructure needed to promote social interaction and physical activity, while also providing access to recreational programs and facilities, they can truly flouish.
The Fund will provide support to:
- Adapt community spaces and assets so that they may be used safely in accordance with local public health guidelines.
- Build or improve community infrastructure to encourage Canadians to re-engage in and explore their communities and regions.
Eligible projects will be prioritized in the following order:
- Revitalize downtown cores and main streets
- Reinvent outdoor spaces
- Create green infrastructure
- Increase the accessibility of community spaces
Submitting an application
Before you submit application, please consult the applicant guide.
Once you are ready, complete and submit the CCRF application form.