Alberta Health Services (AHS) is hosting a listening session to hear AUMA members’ concerns with emergency medical services (EMS). The purpose of this listening session is to:
- Identify the underlying values and interests that are of public concern.
- Create opportunities for listening and dialogue and establish a mutual understanding.
- Rebuild and/or establish confidence in the provincial emergency response system.
- Reconcile relationships between AHS, municipalities, and community partners.
- Identify/affirm opportunities of synergy and ongoing communication channels.
The meeting will be held virtually at 1 p.m.on Tuesday, July 13, 2021. You can register for the meeting by clicking here. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Your input will help AHS:
- better understand community-based perspectives and equip them to provide reassurance to their patients and the public,
- begin rebuilding confidence where it is needed, and
- improve relationships at a grassroots level.
This listening session is a first step in creating a stronger relationship between EMS teams and the communities they serve. AHS wants to build on this work in the weeks and months ahead, so stay tuned to the Digest for information.