Dates, times, and locations have been established for stakeholder engagement sessions as part of Alberta’s Action on Caribou: Caribou Range Planning. Sessions will be happening in the following communities:
- Whitecourt: February 20, 2018
- Edmonton: February 22, 2018
- Cold Lake: February 27, 2018
- Fort McMurray: March 1, 2018
- High Level: March 6, 2018
- Grande Prairie: March 08, 2018
Government of Alberta staff will be coming to communities that have an interest in caribou range planning to discuss the draft Provincial Woodland Caribou Range Plan, with feedback helping to inform developing the range‑specific details:
- Draft Provincial Woodland Caribou Range Plan - Dec 2017
- Draft Range Plan Highlights: Alberta’s Approach to Achieve Caribou Recovery - Dec 2017
- Alberta Caribou Ranges Map - Nov 2017
Those interested but not able to attend can also submit comments on the draft plan online.
For more information, read the joint letter from AUMA and AAMDC to the Provincial Minister of Environment and Parks and the Federal Minister of Environment and Climate Change regarding the need for a socio-economic approach to species protection.