Members will have the chance to discuss and vote on two requests for decisions (RFDs) during Municipal Leaders’ Caucus taking place in Edmonton on March 27 and 28.
- City of Calgary on Regional-Based Mortgage Financing Stress Tests
- Town of High Level on Assessment Year Modifiers
The RFDs will be considered during the Member RFD session scheduled to take place at 10:15 a.m. on Thursday, March 28, using the following process:
- The submitter will be invited to take two minutes to explain the RFD and its proposed action.
- Members will be invited to ask questions or make comments of no more than 45 seconds.
- The submitter may agree to revise the originally proposed action in response the discussion.
- Once discussion is complete, the moderator will call for a vote, with each Regular Member in attendance allowed one vote through their Mayor or designate.
- The RFD is approved if 51 per cent or more of attending Regular Members are in favour.
- If the RFD is not approved, no further action is taken, and the matter is closed.
- If the RFD is approved, it is considered by one of AUMA’s standing committees who makes recommendations to the board AUMA’s Board on the action to be taken.
We look forward to seeing everyone at Municipal Leaders’ Caucus!